Five Ways to Show Your Appreciation to Your Oncology Nurse
Updated: Sep 4, 2019
May is National Oncology Nurses Month – a perfect time to thank those nurses who go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and supported during cancer treatment. Here are some ways to show your appreciation:
* Share a photo on social media of yourself at treatment, preferably with your nurse, along with a caption or post explaining what that professional's help means to you. Be sure to tag the hospital or cancer center you receive treatment at.
* Take cookies or other sweet treats with you to treatment, or if you are no longer in active treatment, take them to the nurses' station where you received treatment.
* For a healthier option, take a fruit basket or granola bars to the nurses' station. When I was in active treatment, the nurses regularly brought me snacks; now is the time to share treats with them.
* Write a thank you card for your nurse(s) and take that to them at the hospital or cancer center. It will mean a lot to them to know that they touched someone!
* Simply tell them on your treatment day that you think they are the best! And, tell their supervisor.